The following is a list of our "typical" 12 year-old's resolutions. He's always been an overachiever--big time, as you can tell. He wrote this list a couple of weeks ago, printed it up and stuck it on his mirror. He then proceeded to plan out his next project--a treehouse complete with refrigerator and cable tv. Treehouse isn't even on the list! He's a very impressive kid and we're proud of him.
-Organize and carry out 3 service projects:
A book drive for NAM
Perform skits and tell jokes at a hospital or shelter
Take care of a sick or injured person’s lawn
-Get these merit badges:
Communications
Emergency Preparedness
Camping
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the Community
Citizenship in the World
Metalworking
Entrepreneurship
Music
Bugling
Astronomy
Space Exploration
Aviation
Geology
Medicine
-Read the whole Book of Mormon
-Live the Book of Mormon
-Save up money for my future mission and college
-Try to be nicer to everyone
-Become Life Scout
-Learn about Aviation
-Do the best that I can in football in 8th grade.
-Run mile in less than seven minutes
-Make up three games
-Make a movie
-Run a four hundred in less than 1:20
-Run and complete a 5k
-Make good grades
-Write a published book
-Go snowboarding or skiing
-Get up on water skis
-Go paintballing
So, when is he going to sleep?

6 comments:
I see your comments on Paige's blog and decided to look at your blog. (I'm her sister-in-law) married to Cory's only brother. I just had to comment because Jace seems like he will be going somewhere in life. I would love any of my 3 boys to have huge goals like that when they get that age! They are all under the age of 8 right now. Jace is so young and yet has his head on straight. It's obvious the Saturday warriors were saved for our day! Good luck Jace! Which by the way is my nephew's name. love it. And my oldest son has red hair too. I think it is a sign of their passion aflame in them. And I'm a Wolf Den mother, and I think it is hard just doing their little scouting projects! Also love how you came up with Calm rapids. Wish I had a cool name like that!
I hope Ryan grows up to be just like him. Is Jace for sale?
wow. my kids are losers.
I always knew you were one of those high pressure moms . . . ;)
See this Liz, bringing family to your blog! What a friend I am huh? I just hope Jace doesn't get burned out with all that going on. He is a good kid, not only that he is fun to be around and very nice (which to me are maybe even more important!) Love, Paige
I think he can do it! Go Jace!
Post a Comment