I've been tagged by my friend Layne who is a very funny person. She doesn't care if I've been tagged twice in the last month and have happily played along. She just wants to bother me and give me lots of stuff to do. I've been trying to get out of posting this for about 2 weeks but she keeps nagging me about it. --Quit yer whining and just do it! It's not even that big of a deal so I'll just do it and get it over with. Happy now Layne?
The Rules:
1. Go to your documents/pictures.
2. Go to your 6th file.
3. Go to your 6th picture.
4. Blog about it.
5. Tag 6 people to do the same.
6. So here we go... here is my 6th pic in my 6th file.
OK--I downloaded and it went to the top and that's where it wants to stay. Sheesh. OK--A blog about this picture.
This is a picture of a Christmas tree skirt. duh.
I made it for the middle school fundraiser/auction last year. It's actually a very cute skirt--the pics don't show the colors off. It's a very limey green and bright red with lots of swirleys in the fabric. Kind of funky. It didn't bring in much money. I guess people at middle school auctions don't generally know how much fabric costs and how much time it takes to sew a project and quilt it. Lots of people liked it but they would look at the minimum bid and say, man, I can go buy one lots cheaper than that. Sure you could, but would it be this cute and would you get this quality? I think not.
So, there's my 6th picture from my 6th file.
I've decided to not name 6 people to tag. If you want to carry this on--go for it! It is a fun, fast way to pass along a tag and also fun to see what picture is in your file.
Happy now, Layne?

10 comments:
I think it says something about both of us Liz - that you get tagged a lot and I don't. People want more of you so they try and get it by tagging and they get enough of me so they don't need to tag me. I think that may be unflattering to me - but I choose not to be offended. I am always on board with you getting another tag - so I say "suck it up". The tree skirt is beautiful - but pretty much every project you do is beautiful!
I LOVE this skirt. I'm curious about what the minimum bid was, however?
PS Love your new blog look and next time you get tagged just reply "tagging is for people who have nothing original or interesting to say." ;)
Did it help you to whine the ENTIRE TIME? Did you find your picture faster???? Hmmmm????
Good girl. I knew that you had nothing better to do this week, so I thought I'd help your idle little hands. Your welcome.
Paige... your turn is coming my little dearie... I'm thinking of something yummy for you to do.
Lookie here Science Teacher Mommy.... just cuz you're smart doesn't mean...
yeah ok...
I got nothin'.
I'm pretty dang boring and completely un-original.
The minimum bid was $40 and that's what it went for (about the cost of supplies). My friend who talked me into making it was the one who got it. I think she just wanted a good deal--she knows my hourly rate. :)
Liz, how are you? I found you off Kim's blog. I think of you often especially when I see the crib set that you gave me when we had Emily. webowes@hotmail.com
I think you get tagged so much because there are so many that want to know more about YOU! :) Love the tree skirt and I know the quality stuff you do. My client raved about the bedding you made for their little girl, by the way.
You are so talented!! I love the work to can do with your hands. I'm just plain amazed at your abilities to create.
And just like everyone else... when my friends see the quilt on my bed they love it and wish they had one just as good on their bed... which will never happen. Because no one can be as good as you :] (at least in my opinion)
I like that tree skirt. You are on talented lady.
Post a Comment