C and I wanted to surprise the kids!!
And we actually pulled it off!
For the last week or so we've been telling the kids that we had big plans for Memorial Day--and to not plan anything else. They hounded us with questions-- Do I need to shave my legs? Will we need sunscreen? How far away is it? --but we did not crack!
J even threatened with--"Mom, you know how you don't like surprises? Well I don't either and if you don't tell me what we're doing, I'm going to throw you a surprise party on your birthday!" Ya, that one really scared me. Silly kids.
B figured it out first! and away to IHop we went for breakfast!
When breakfast was over, I pulled out the clues for the next destination. I thought this one would take a little longer, but soon J had it figured out and away we went to the H. Zoo. We used to go to the zoo quite frequently, but the kids started getting older and the price started getting higher. (When we first moved here, it was 50 cents to get in, now it's $11.00.) It was sad but true to realize that J and B don't ever remember going to the zoo before!
Here are a few more pictures of the day:
B laying in the tunnel that goes through an aquarium.
This mandrill loved the camera.
After the zoo, we went out to the car and ate a picnic lunch and the kids were handed one more clue. It meant Iron Man 2. We were all so tired but loved sitting in the air conditioning for a couple of hours. We were home in time for dinner.
It was a great day and I loved how we surprised the kids!

4 comments:
That looks so fun!! Why don't you plan something like that for me sometime - no one ever has before (sniff).
You and C are the best Mom and Dad out there! Just so you know I WILL be stealing the idea. Plagiarism as it's best! :)
Oh and the movie will be Toy Story 3 :P
Super fun!!
How completely fun for your kids - so creative!! I love it Liz. How do you guys come up with this stuff?
The ultimate teenage girl question, "Do I need to shave my legs?"
Hee. Hee.
Post a Comment