Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sure Sign of a Good Time

Last Saturday I planted our pansies and Jace mowed the yard and Chris trimmed and blew all the leaves and stuff. Benj helped with planting and sawing down a dead branch (for a few minutes). We were out enjoying the great weather together.
After we were done, we watched a little football and relaxed. Then the boys ran outside to play whiffle ball. When I poked my head out to check on them a few minutes later, they invited me to play with them. I couldn't think of one household chore that I would rather do instead so I headed outside. I didn't even pause to put my shoes on.
What a great time we had. I immediately became the preferred pitcher and I got the furthest hit! We had fun running around the bases (tree, rock, sprinkler) and since there were only three of us and it was a whiffle ball, it was OK to throw somebody out--as in throw the ball at them. Trying to aim a whiffle ball is like trying to aim a balloon with a poke in it. Almost every hit turned into a home run as the two fielders chased bad throws and the runner just kept going.
I love playing with my kids!
When I took off my socks after we came in, it was a big eewww! When I saw how grungy they were AFTER they had gone through the washer, I decided to not even care. So what if they're grungy, I had fun! These socks will forever be a sign of a good time.

1 comment:

pcb said...

How fun! Those impromptu family games are the best! I get annoyed with Cam for only wearing socks outside and trying to get them clean in the wash. Maybe you would be in trouble if your mom were still doing your wash.