Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thrifty Finds Along the Commuting Trail

I have a new commute. I've never been a fan of commuting and neither has my husband. We have always lived within 10 minutes of whatever job he's had. My commute is now 40 minutes. Yuck. So, I've found a scenic route. Along this route, I pass two thrift stores. (Starting to sound better, huh?) I actually left the office on time last Thursday and stopped in at St. C's to check it out. It did not disappoint.

I found these three cute patterns for 25 cents each. They'll look great in my sewing room, when I get that sewing room.

I found this cool copper grater for $5. Yes, that's copper. And it's old and it looks like a turtle. It was the first thing I saw and into my hand it went.


How about this cute petite rocker? You like? $7. Yep, seven dollars. It needs a little wood glue and maybe a new screw or two. And definitely a wipe down, but I know how to do that. (My hubby like projects.)
So, St. C's thrift shop is a keeper and I'll check out the one across the street as soon as I get a chance. My commute is starting to look up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commute? Am I just way behind, or are you working now? What happened to the preschool? Catch me up! Glad to see you back on your blog, too.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Are you serious? I LOVE those patterns! Now I am kicking myself for not stopping. So so cute! And the turtle? Hello wonderful.

heidikins said...

Yay thrift stores!

xox

pcb said...

I want to go sometime!

Trulee said...

Wow. You win! Great things at great prices, nothing makes me happier.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of Calm Rapids would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com