Thursday, November 11, 2010

Girl Weekend!

Really cool, hilly quilt
I LOVE going to the Quilt Show. It's something that I try really hard to get to every year. I usually talk a friend or two into going with me.


Simple block, perfect styling (Project Runway talk)

This year, I invited some family into town. They were so amazing to actually spend money on the airfare and put up with my barky dog for a few days in order to go to the quilt show!

I love house quilts.

The show was amazing! Hundreds, probably thousands of quilts. Every style, color combination you can think of. It was a fantastic art show.


(yes, that's a quilt of a door)

And the booths! What did we count? Maybe 20 aisles that had probably 30 booths on each full of fabric, buttons, books, patterns, sewing machines, long arms, kits, more patterns.

Looks like rain

We were on sensory overload. Definitely. We spent two days at the Festival. The first day was all booths. Looking and buying and looking and walking and getting Kaffe Fassett's autograph (oh yeah!) and looking and walking and sore feet. For about 6 hours.


Amazing

Then we spotted the booth. There were chairs and they were empty and so we sat. And then a smooth talking chica put a back rest behind our backs. Wow! Did that feel good! We bought 4 and got the 5th one free.

One of my absolute favorites. It's whimsicle and it's red!
I KNOW you can buy them at the dollar store. I KNOW we had to carry them around the rest of the day. But they are really cool, they really work, and they make great hats! (and shields)


On the second day, we went back to a few booths that we 'needed' something in and then spent 5 hours enjoying the finished quilts! We had a great time and enjoyed Texas BBQ, Tutti Frutti, did some antiquing, and exhausted ourselves. It was great! Who's up for next year???

4 comments:

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I can't believe they are quilts! They look like paintings. Your fav is beautiful! I've loved quilts since I was a child and I'm sure it's because my grandma made them. I have a few of my great-great grandmas and the needlework is amazing.

Looks like you girls had a great time!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I'm in. I had so so much fun, thanks for being such a great hostess!

Clear Aire said...

me, me, me, me, me!!!! choose me! I want to go to the quilt show with you! I'm so ooobber jealous. Thank you for putting up the pictures of those quilts. They are amazing.

pcb said...

Lived here going on 12 years and still haven't been - I don't know what is wrong with me. . .I want to go, I just forget. I love that red one too!