If I had to pick a theme for this summer, it would be "The Summer of Reconnecting."
It started with our own family ties being strengthened.
The drive-in movie with lots of cousins.
And I think our connection is stronger than ever.
It was amazing how much we enjoy each other and love each other.
Benj and Jeff sporting their life jacket diapers. My prediction: friends for life.
Family get-togethers. This one with cake and ice cream. Yum!
Kent and Marca
Mom and Chris
Liz and Galen
Loraine and Mandy
Mart and Marci and family. Wish you were still in Texas!
Jace and Troy racing in the pool.
It's crazy how the years get away from us.
Liz and Jani--We hadn't seen each other since we were 10! It was so good and strengthening just to see her and her family and know that she's doing well.
Great way to spend an afternoon--shake at Granny's, catching up with an old best friend.
Jace and Uncle Jon scooting around on the 4 wheeler.
Benj and Dad, fishing. Enough said.
It was the first time I'd met their spouses.
Hopefully, it won't be that long til we get together again!
I can't believe how long it had been since I'd seen, face to face,
people who mean so much to me.
Friends who were there for me when times were really tough,
family who will always be there for me, through it all.
It's been a great summer,
reconnecting with loved ones
and making some amazing new memories.

2 comments:
Oh how I loved this post! I need one of those trips - I need some reconnecting! Every post you had about your trip I was thinking things like this. It all looked like such a good, clean, fun time. So glad you got to go - so glad you got to have all those fun experiences and realize over and over how family and friends are all that really matter. I missed you tho.
I'm so so glad we got to see you guys when you were up here. We love you guys so much! It was great to reconnect.
Post a Comment