We love road trips. I don't know why. We're stuck with each other in the car for days, dirty restrooms (Buc-ee's excluded), food from the cooler or fast food, sleeping all over each other, or not sleeping at all. I guess we like that kind of bonding.
Our road trip this summer is awesome. We are loving it!
We love seeing America and all there is out there! We all have a bit of adventurer in us and curiousity. We enjoy stopping at little out of the way places and build extra time into trip for that.
We drove through Navajo and Hopi country and saw lots of beautiful things.
After 20 hours in the car we arrived at Page, AZ, on the south side of Lake Powell. We took a short hike to the Horseshoe Bend overlook.
It was a breathtaking view! We were a little nervous about that edge, but nobody fell off. :)
Cute adventurous kids!
We also took a short hike to the Glen Canyon Dam overlook. Another amazing view!
This is a picture of the Lake Powell side from the top of the dam. The markings on the wall show that it's 60 feet low--it's been in a drought state for 9 years.

This is a picture of one of the generators inside the dam. We could take pictures of anything except the security guards and there were many of them.
This is a view from the bototm of the dam. In making this dam, it took continuous cement pouring 24/7 for 3 years and 3 months. It contains enough cement to build a road 5" thick from Flagstaff to Chicago.

This is a picture of one of the generators inside the dam. We could take pictures of anything except the security guards and there were many of them.
So far, it's been a dam good trip! More pics and adventures to come!

5 comments:
Looks like a dam fine trip! ;)
xox
Gaa, I love it! So many dam funnies :o)
So so so awesome! I love it. I love the pic in the car - look at those happy faces! We love a good road trip - for all the same reasons - nothing like gettin' away from it all in the car. Yes! I hope we see you while you're here!
I love this post - it made me smile a lot! I wish I were on that dam road trip with ya'll. I miss you!
oh!!! I miss y'all! I hope you have tons of fun.
Post a Comment