Thursday, July 1, 2010

Celebrating---brown.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my blogging cousins, did a pink-fest on her blog. She has an awesome blog to start with, and when she took an entire week to celebrate pink, it was over the top awesome! Her blog is definitely eye candy--lots of great pictures. She's definitely got a pink kink in her think!
I've always loved all colors. I even took a college class called Color Composition (back in the day). It was one of those classes that stays with you--it involved everything from mixing paint to get the right shade, to using construction paper to make a color look like a different color, to finding out your color personality.
If you ask me what my favorite color is, I'll always say red, but brown has definitely snuck in there--a very close second. In fact, the more I look around, the more brown I see. So, here are some of my favorite brown things. Enjoy! (Sorry some of the pics are blurry, I'm going to blame the camera and not the photographer.)

Pecans. Yum.

I love black with brown. A lot.

My mom bought me this assortment a few years ago.

My favorite shirt.

My favorite watch--a Mother's Day gift.

Checkerboard painted on a bread board.

Brown on brown stitching.

Grizz, my watch-bear.

Mantle clock.

The plate on the left is from Target, the one on the right is from Peru.

The very best brown there is--Chocolate Chip-Pecan cookies.

Our tree man in the front yard. Love him!

We found this nest on the way to school one morning. It had fallen out of a tree. The egg didn't hatch, but it sure was pretty. I love brown with robin's-egg blue, too.

I love brown and red together!

I love finding these brown things on my porch.
And I love the brown truck they come in.

I love this brown wicker in my backyard
($6 at a garage sale)
and I love B and Gracie and Ray, too!

5 comments:

heidikins said...

Love this--I love anything that is brown--and by "anything" I mean "chocolate" ;)

xox

pinksuedeshoe said...

Oh. My. Word. That Singer is AMAZING! One day I hope to find a treasure like that. And I love the brown trucks and brown boxes too :o)(And thanks for the shoutout!)

Rachel said...

FUN! I also love the brown sewing machine!! Both you and E have fun blogs!

Clear Aire said...

I love this! I want to do a color thing or something cool with lots of pictures. I love pictures... AND I'm coming home so soon!
Love you!

pcb said...

I love brown too - I always feel like it looks good on me because I have brown hair and eyes and my skin is kinda light brown. I hate it when I say one of my favorite colors is brown and people act like I'm a freak! I also love brown and red together (or pink). And lastly, I love that quilt with the bears - did you make that too?