We went to a Court of Honor last night. (Bragging coming up) My 13 year-old earned 11 Merit Badges in 3 months. He also earned the "Overachiever of the Year" award. Looks like I'm going to be busy getting them all on his sash. I still hadn't sewn on the two he earned at the last Court of Honor. He's busy working on his Eagle and hopes to have that done before he turns 14. Whose kid is this anyway? (more bragging coming up) Did I also mention that he plays the piano, trumpet, football, track, and has all AP classes? (OK, that was a little much, but sometimes it feels good to brag. I'm proud of him!)
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Cakes and Badges (and bragging)
WARNING: This post contains stuff about Scouts. And there's some bragging, too.
We went to a Court of Honor last night. (Bragging coming up) My 13 year-old earned 11 Merit Badges in 3 months. He also earned the "Overachiever of the Year" award. Looks like I'm going to be busy getting them all on his sash. I still hadn't sewn on the two he earned at the last Court of Honor. He's busy working on his Eagle and hopes to have that done before he turns 14. Whose kid is this anyway? (more bragging coming up) Did I also mention that he plays the piano, trumpet, football, track, and has all AP classes? (OK, that was a little much, but sometimes it feels good to brag. I'm proud of him!)
In Cub Scouts we had our cake auction a few weeks ago. This is to earn money for Day Camp. Look at this cake pan. What other state has a cake pan shaped like them? Big Texas pride down here.
We made a Triple Chocolate Cake and since I'm not a big fan of red and blue-colored frosting, we went with homemade buttercream frosting. Nothing better. :) We used regular buttercream for the white parts, added a few tablespoons of cocoa for the red parts, and added a few more tablespoons of cocoa for the blue parts. I was going to put some dark cocoa in, but I had run out, which is kind of unheard of around here. B even helped decorate it a little bit.
We went to a Court of Honor last night. (Bragging coming up) My 13 year-old earned 11 Merit Badges in 3 months. He also earned the "Overachiever of the Year" award. Looks like I'm going to be busy getting them all on his sash. I still hadn't sewn on the two he earned at the last Court of Honor. He's busy working on his Eagle and hopes to have that done before he turns 14. Whose kid is this anyway? (more bragging coming up) Did I also mention that he plays the piano, trumpet, football, track, and has all AP classes? (OK, that was a little much, but sometimes it feels good to brag. I'm proud of him!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Is that bragging? I don't really think so - nothing so sweet as a mom who is proud of her kids (in a good way). Nice job on the cake!! I was going to lecture about J getting that done before he is Cam's age (and isn't the least bit interested anymore), but you may just have that under control, he looks close! I miss you.
Holy Smokes that looks so good. Like, I kind of want to lick my screen right now, only I am a tiny bit worried it might taste like dust. Good job on the merit badges too, I am totally impressed. I think my brothers were trying to fit in their last 12 the day before they turned 18, or 19, whichever it is.
Please!! Brag away Liz! I'm amazed by ALL of your kids - but wow - that's amazing! That's like four merit badges a month - what a lot of work! Also, I get the whole AP classes (and music) - does he ever play? :) He probably thrives on it - what a great kid. And I love the cake - good idea to use brown instead of red and blue - looks much yummier. Nice job!
You're such a great mom.
It's YOUR blog--isn't the whole point to brag about your kids?
I wish I could have been there to lick the frosting bowl! The cake looks amazing!... and I think I owe Jace a nice lunch at Red Robin, cause it sounds like he's doing better than I am in the school department with all those ap classes.
Post a Comment