Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some Random Recently-Finished Quilts

I have finally gotten a few projects done! This first quilted wallhanging started out as a Quilt Challenge. (I borrowed from my sister-in-law's quilt group.) We were given a fat quarter of four different batiks and to that we added a yard of any other fabric. This is what I came up with. The fabric I added is a black and cream mini toille that I love! After I worked with it a bit and realized I really loved it I went back to the fabric store to get more and they had less than a yard left. You think I would have learned that lesson by now--when I see a fabric that I love, buy it up! The border is random stripping that I mitered in the corners. I'm liking randomness more and more with quilts.



This red and mustard quilt is from a seminar I went to in Monterrey Mexico a few years ago. I finished the top in three days and then it sat. I finally pulled it out the other day and got the quilting done in a couple of evenings. I'm binding it today! It's a twin size and I don't really have a bed for it but I love reds so much and I love the randomness of all the different reds so I have to find a place for it somewhere in the house!


Next project is C's graduation quilt! She wants it blue and green--she'll need something soothing in the dorm! I've already purchased about 40 fat quarters in different blues and greens and the pattern is picked out. I've got to get it going! Graduation will be here before you know it! Hopefully there will be pictures of it before June!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Liz. Amazing quilts. Your quilts always have such small pieces - it amazes me. I have SUCH an appreciation for what you do and how well you do it now that I'm doing the "beginner" versions of it! You're an inspiration. Someday, maybe I'll be like Liz.... :)

pinksuedeshoe said...

You should join the Sew&tell group that I am in. Everyone always says such nice things about my projects! Love the red quilt, it is just fantastic!

pcb said...

I have a perfect place for that red quilt! he he

Clear Aire said...

Those quilts are amazing... incase you didn't know. I'm hoping those genes got passed down to me. Maybe one day when I have a house of my own I can afford a sewing machine. Then I'll make quilts too, and you can come over and bind them with me while we watch The Scarlet Pimpernel:)