Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big Ten

This month is our 10th anniversary of moving to Texas. I can't believe we've been here that long! When we moved, we were seriously thinking we'd be here maybe 3 or 4 years. I think our roots have taken hold without us really noticing.

We've been here long enough to redecorate our redecorating.

When we moved here, our oldest was in 3rd grade, now she's a college freshman. Our youngest was born here.

We're considering purchasing burial plots in this area.

We've experienced two hurricanes, Galveston beaches, Blue Bell ice cream, the birth of the Texans, the Dynamo, and the Astro's going to the World Series. We love camping in the winter and on the beach, seeing the alligators at Brazo's and the azaleas in the spring.

We love it here. It's a great place to raise a family. We've got great schools, great neighbors, a great ward with a fantastic bishop :), and the temple is within walking distance.

We're glad we came and we're glad we've been here this long.

Who knows what the next 10 years will bring.

6 comments:

Marnie said...

Congrats on planting roots. Wish we could say the same thing. I still miss Texas. I think I left some of my roots there. Miss you guys.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We loved so many things about that area. Plantboy loved his job especially. Ultimately, we were too far from family and I think the heat helped drive us out too. Still, fantastic memories.

Love your last post too.

pcb said...

I have felt the exact same way! We celebrate 10 years in July. Another thing that I love is that nearly everyone goes to some church - so you aren't a freak if you happen to mention something about church to a non member. We moved here from LA and we were freaks there!

Sharon said...

10 years? WOW! I really do enjoy living here, although I question my sanity sometimes in August. :-) Oh, and our ward really does have a great bishop! ;-)

Slim said...

I am so glad to hear that you have found that your roots have grown here. We feel the same way. We also have been here 10 years -- can't believe it's been that long! And we are here to stay! I never thought I would say that, but I have really grown to love it here. Maybe the fact that my kids pledge allegiance to Texas every morning at school helped the cause, who knows?

Anonymous said...

GRRR to you Liz....so so so mean.

:)

I miss the Texas flowers - oh yes.

It's okay - though - I'll post some pics of the beautiful creeks in the mountains in our COOL mountains sometime around July.

Revenge is sweet.