Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How Close Was It?

Before I left for NY a couple of weeks ago I had a nagging worry. I've never been afraid to fly before but this time I was definitely unsettled. I was nervous. There had been two recent plane crashes (Hudson River and Denver) and things like that usually come in threes. Still, I decided I needed to buck up. If it's my time to go, then it's my time to go.

On my flight to Albany last week, I had a layover in Newark, NJ . From Newark to Albany I flew in a Colgan Air Continental Connections D-8 plane. The SAME type of plane that crashed in Buffalo. The SAME airline. The SAME starting location. The SAME week.

We watched a lot of CNN that day and the wreck was a horrible thing, but it sure made the flight going home a little easier.

7 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

That baby is gorgeous and I'm so glad you are safe. I am sure it is nicer watching the whole miracle of birth thing happen to someone else. Certainly less painful. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you're ok!

xox

pcb said...

That is such an honor to be invited in to see the birth. I'm glad you got to go - but I'm also glad you are finally home!

queenbee4 said...

I was thinking of you, actually... I'm glad you're safe.

I missed ya!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you made it there and back okay. And that baby is gorgeous!!! :-)

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I don't even know what to say! That would seriously FREAK ME OUT! I'm so glad you are safe!

Anonymous said...

It freaked me out too! I thought you handled it very well. Much better than I would have... (Jen)