Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stef's Alarm Clock


Stef is not a morning person. She never has been. She's not really a night person either. She's always been a little bit sleepy. I've had her blood sugar and iron tested and they're fine. It's just that when she's not busy with anything in particular she prefers to spend her free time sleeping. :) She's not lazy. She actually loves to be active. She loves to ride her bike, play vollyball, and go do things with friends. She keeps up with homework, facebook, school activities, church activities. She just really enjoys sleeping, too. And when she's asleep, she's out.

So, now to the alarm clock. Stef recently got her own room for the first time ever. And I went and picked out a very cute and cheap alarm clock for her. She started seminary this year and needs to get up by about 5:15 a.m. She quickly learned about the snooze button and set her alarm for 5:05 a.m. So, at exactly 5:05 a.m. the alarm goes off and makes this horrible grating/shrieking/annoying noise. I get up and go into Stef's room and wake her up. Stef wakes up and pushes snooze. We repeat this 9 minutes later. The noise, I get up, stumble into Stef's room, wake her up and then she turns it off and this time, gets up. This morning I decided to be grateful that I have a new alarm clock that is so cute and that I have Stef to snooze it and then turn it off for me. And I'm very grateful that she mostly always gets up the second time.







3 comments:

Slim said...

How cute that it rests atop her scriptures. Alarm clocks and scriptures go hand in hand for seminary don't they? That reminds me of my sister...she was a concert pianist and so had to do 3 hours of practice before school and 3 after. Her alarm clock was set for 4:15. She usually snoozed three times before finally getting up. Oh, and did I mention we shared a room? :)

pinksuedeshoe said...

wow. you are certainly looking on the bright side of life :o)

Anonymous said...

Liz,

I just wanted you to know we're thinking of your family, and we hope everything is okay. Hope to see you back online again soon. Miss you!

Marci