| I have been feeling so out of control I'm right back to my lists. Things were calm before. Sheesh. I think I need to vent. Two days after my last post, we were at a ward service project--great idea for a ward activity--family service day. OK, so we were cleaning out a couple of houses in a neighboring ward that needed some major help. Kids were in and out of the dumpsters all morning having a great time playing in the trash. Someone that didn't know there were kids in there heaved in a heavy table and it landed on Benjamin's face. Chris and I were inside scrubbing walls when we heard screams. Worst nightmare ever. When I climbed up on the side of the dumpster and looked in there was blood everywhere. I reached over the side and hauled him out (he was standing up and Jace was boosting him). Anyway, I carried him in the house and assessed. I always knew that you could bleed a lot from head/face wounds but this was ridiculous. He had a TINY cut right between the eyes that produced blood all over his face shirt, shoes, the dumpster, and me. It was like a fountain. His right cheekbone looked like it was starting to swell up so we got ice. We needed to treat him for shock. We took him home, gave him some ibuprofen and he was fine. No concussion, no broken bones, no stitches. He was up and running around within half an hour. Kids. It did look absolutely horrible and was so swollen all across his face that the school nurse insisted on icing him every hour for a whole week. We got that under control and then I got bronchitis. Lovely. Right when I was doing my visiting teaching conference. Luckily I had already done all the planning and arranging. I just had to show up, smile, and teach one of the workshops -twice. I had no energy, no voice, and was very out of breath. I love cough syrup with codeine. It is my friend. I'm going to make my bottle last a long time. Oh, did I mention Chris has been out of town most of the last 2 weeks? And we're making mother's day projects in preschool (which at the age I teach is mostly a teacher project), and swim team has just started. Practices every day. Oh, and did I mention I'm in charge of concessions? First meet is this Saturday and I haven't even pulled the book out from last year. All I really know is we're going to order chick-fil-a and not do hamburgers this meet. I did have a productive day today, though. I bought Gracie some more doggie meds. She's got a weird flea problem from all of the squirrels and possums she catches and it's hard to get rid of. She scratches and bites herself so much she gets sores and then infections. Very expensive at the vet. I 'm halfway done altering Erin's prom dress. Just got to tack the lining back down. (note to self: When Cait goes to prom, order modest dress 3 months early.) I finally sent J&K's baby gift today. I hope the outfits still fit. I got everything checked off my list today except changing the oil in the Mazda. There's always next week. |
Thursday, May 8, 2008
P.S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow - you're scaring me Liz! I was thinking I was at the busy point of my life, and that it would be getting better once Josh starts driving - was I wrong? Yikes! This is good, though, right? Busy is good....
Oh yeah, and I wanted to tell you that I'm glad you still manage to find a few minutes to post once-in-a-while so we can all keep up with you...Hang in there!
Yeah, Marci, keep telling yourself that--busy is good. :) Things are looking up, though--Chris is home, first swim meet is behind us, Erin's at prom right now and the dress turned out great, and tomorrow I am not making dinner. And--someone sent me flowers--the card said, "To the mother of the ward." I hate being called that, but I'll take roses any day.
Holy Moly! Ah, life, isn't it fun?!
That was a bad week. but you still amaze me at all the things you are able to handle. I still remember seeing your calendar at piano lessons all marked in different colors -- a color per kid. I am just now beginning to understand...
Post a Comment